Many system users do not know how to update their system device drivers and even don’t know what a device driver is and what is the necessity of it. You need to install a device driver when you format the previous operating system and installed new operating system otherwise the device connected to your computer will not work properly. Some times the new drivers for your devices are released by the device manufacturers, then you have to update the device driver. Here i will teach you what a device drive is and what it is meant for and how to install a device driver for each external device and how to update it.
what is Device Driver?
A device driver is also a program that acts as a link between your computers operating system and any hardware you are trying to connect and run it.
Consider an example of a Network Adapter – When you install a Network Adapter to your PC/Laptop, the device driver acts as a medium between your pc operating system and the hardware device (Network Adapter) and interpret commands, routines to activate the device.
Drivers play an important role and with out them the operating system could not interpret and run all the devices attached to a computer.
Many device vendors come with their own driver programs. These driver softwares are given by them in a CD or Floppy, Don’t lost them guys. For example, you have bought a printer or a new sound adapter they will come with device drivers in a CD or a floppy disk. you have to install them in your operating system after these devices are plugged to your system.
If you lost your device driver CD then you can search in internet or the device company official website and download them to your system and install it.
Here how you can install or update drivers for their respective device:
- You should have device driver with you either in your hard drive or an external storage media. With out them it is useless to follow this process. If you don’t have the driver with you then download the drivers from the device official website or any other websites. such a website i am mentioning here is driverssoftware .
- Now if you are using windows Vista follow the steps. start + mycomputer + right click + manage + System Tools + Device Manager.
- You will be presented with list of devices installed on your computer.
- Select the device for which you have to install or update driver.
- Right click on the device and click on update driver.
- Then you are given with search options. Select “Browse my computer for Device software” if you know the location of the software other wise “search for device software on your computer”.
- Now you have installed/updated the device software.