Written by admin on April 14, 2009 – 4:12 am
Many system users do not know how to update their system device drivers and even don’t know what a device driver is and what is the necessity of it. You need to install a device driver when you format the previous operating system and installed new operating system otherwise the device connected to your computer will not work properly. Some times the new drivers for your devices are released by the device manufacturers, then you have to update the device driver. Here i will teach you what a device drive is and what it is meant for and how to install a device driver for each external device and how to update it.
what is Device Driver?
A device driver is also a program that acts as a link between your computers operating system and any hardware you are trying to connect and run it.
Consider an example of a Network Adapter – When you install a Network Adapter to your PC/Laptop, the device driver acts as a medium between your pc operating system and the hardware device (Network Adapter) and interpret commands, routines to activate the device.
Drivers play an important role and with out them the operating system could not interpret and run all the devices attached to a computer.
Many device vendors come with their own driver programs. These driver softwares are given by them in a CD or Floppy, Don’t lost them guys. For example, you have bought a printer or a new sound adapter they will come with device drivers in a CD or a floppy disk. you have to install them in your operating system after these devices are plugged to your system.
If you lost your device driver CD then you can search in internet or the device company official website and download them to your system and install it.
Here how you can install or update drivers for their respective device:
- You should have device driver with you either in your hard drive or an external storage media. With out them it is useless to follow this process. If you don’t have the driver with you then download the drivers from the device official website or any other websites. such a website i am mentioning here is driverssoftware .
- Now if you are using windows Vista follow the steps. start + mycomputer + right click + manage + System Tools + Device Manager.
- You will be presented with list of devices installed on your computer.
- Select the device for which you have to install or update driver.
- Right click on the device and click on update driver.
- Then you are given with search options. Select “Browse my computer for Device software” if you know the location of the software other wise “search for device software on your computer”.
- Now you have installed/updated the device software.
Posted under Troubleshooting Windows
| Comments Off
Written by admin on April 10, 2009 – 7:24 am
Dell ADEMO ONYX
Dell have released its new laptop called ADAMO with a caption “Prepare To Fall In Love” and the meaning for ADAMO in latin is what the caption is. What a great caption from Dell for this ultra-slim laptop and yes Dell have introduce such kind of laptop and when you watch the design of the laptop, i am sure you will fall in love with this laptop. This laptop is engineered well and the design is awesom. I suggest to buy this laptop if you have passion towards the ultra-slim models and you love great designs.What matters in todays generation of laptops greater performance or awesome engineering and design. You will find both of them in a single laptop – Dell ADAMO.
ADAMO come in two Gorgeous Designs ONYX and PEARL competing your attention. The Backlit keyboard and tough single piece aluminum chasses will grab the attention of the world to ADAMO. ADAMO comes into the range of luxary products and it will grab the attention with is looks and engineering. High definition edge to edge glass display is striking feature in ADAMO. If i go on continue with the description of design and looks then simply i can’t share in such a brief words. So, let us continue this post by moving towards technical details.
Measuring only 0.65 inches, this ultra slim laptop have powerful features with in it. So, it is not only slim but also powerful and so totally good performer.
Coming to the screen of ADAMO, it is a 13.4 inch 16:9 HD display integrated with 1.3 mega pixel camera. Here you find some thing missing from you high end laptop i.e, 2.0 mega pixel camera. But don’t bother this will not put to you an end.
This Laptop have got stunning long lasting battery life of 5 hours upon full charge with battery made up of advanced lithium polymer technology. Experience the long lasting battery to play music and other office works.
keep in touch where you go by connecting to internet using Wireless N, one RJ-45 port and optional mobile broadband. Integrated Bluetooth provide us to transfer files from ADANO to other bluetooth devices
Now here ADANO is available in 2 varients each differ in processor, RAM and extra feature.
- 1.2 GHZ Core 2 Duo Processor with Intel Centrino Technology.
- 2GB 800MHz DDR3 dual-channel memory.
- 128GB solid state drive.
- 1.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor with Centrino technology
- 4GB 800MHz DDR3 dual-channel memory
- 128GB3 solid state drive.
- Mobile Broadband.
Excluding these features, most of the features are common. The weight of this laptot is 1.5KG and the screen is 13.4 inch 16:3 HD display and includes 1.3 mega pixel for both the versions. Go buy these stylish varient laptops for $1,999 and $3,699 respectively.
Posted under Latest Laptops
| Comments Off
Written by admin on April 1, 2009 – 8:47 am
Windows Vista lacks a feature which i like the most in windows XP. Its the turnoff button in Vista that actuall doesn’t make your system to shutdown rather it will go into sleep state. Many of the people who use Vista finds difficult when shutdown windows instantly because the button which looks like turnoff button in vista is not actually do that function, it will make your pc go into sleep mode.
windows sleep button
If you want to turnoff your pc then you have to move to the button beside sleep button and then choose one from them. ok it is not a problem in normal situation where you are not in hurry but if you are in a situation which makes you turn off the pc quickly but you have to follow the steps in that hurry situation. So, here is a better solution by which you can reprogram the “sleep button” and make it to function as a power button.
- Open Control Panel and browse to Power Options.
- Now go to Change Plan Settings for selected power plan.
- Choose the option Change Advanced Power Settings.
- Expand Lid and Power Buttons.
- Expand Start Menu Power Button.
- Change setting from Sleep to Shutdown.
- The last step is to save the changes by clicking on OK button.
You have done a great job now and the sleep button had turned down to power button. Microsoft have recognized this essential function and have enchanced the power options and customization of buttons in Windows7 and hope this will make our work easier.
Posted under Uncategorized
| Comments Off